- COLOUR BLOCK CHART – computer-generated, easy-to-follow (the canvas is not printed)
- Detailed instructions, including how to work the kit using tent stitch (which is similar to half cross stitch), how to measure your staircase so that you make the carpet the correct length, how to hem the finished stitching, and finally, various suggestions as to how to fix the carpet to the stairs
- Colour photo on the front of each kit shows how the completed stitching will look
- Plenty of crewel wool (use one strand as it comes off the skein)
- 18 count interlock canvas, long enough to make a carpet which will fit a 15-step flight of stairs in your doll’s house
The dimensions of these kits vary with each design – they are all designed for one twelfth scale doll’s houses.
Go to the staircarpets page in our Needlepoint Kit Store to see the designs, which coordinate with many items in our range.
There are many Free Online Tutorials, which show in detail how to stitch and assemble the carpets and the other types of miniature needlepoint kits.